Friday, January 8, 2010

A fitting update

So apparently, I stink at this blog thing. Actually, we have no internet at the house right now, and can only I update from the labtop in the bedroom (where we pick up the neighbor's wireless). I just haven't been able to find the time. So, I wanted to give you all an update on life since September. In early October, we moved back to Alabama. I started my old job at Princeton and am so excited to be part of all the wonderful things happening there. The only job Randy could find was as a desk-clerk at a hotel in Talladega. It's not much or ideal, but it helps pay the bills. We're just thankful to have jobs in this economy. Randy is also the interim Minister of Music at Macedonia Baptist Church. It's a small, but loving church that has been a great place of healing for Randy in the ministry. The somewhat strange connection is that the pastor's wife at the church is a former instructor, now collegue of mine at Princeton. We had a wonderful yet bittersweet celebration for Christmas. First, I cooked a big meal at our home for my family. Charis opened one gift (a real looking toy vacum) and refused to open any others. She just played with that until we hid it. Then, we had a strange time visiting Randy's dad in his new apartment. Randy really struggled with this because he never thought he would have to visit 2 seperate places for Christmas. Next we visited Randy's mom and some family that Randy hasn't spoken with in years. It was wonderful to see Randy and his mom having such a good time there. And they spoiled my baby. What more could a mother ask for? Then of course, we had Christmas morning. Randy's mom was with us for this special time. I am so grateful that God provided us with the money to give Charis a decent Christmas. And now, to start the year with an update to the Alabama dynasty! How exciting!!! Hopefully it won't be 3 months before I update again. And thank you for all your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment